Dental crowns for teeth are one of the most popular and affordable solutions to cosmetic and restorative dental concerns. They can be used to support damaged teeth or cover dental flaws and are made from a variety of materials to ensure that they are the perfect size and shape for your mouth. Porcelain crowns can even be matched in color to blend in with your surrounding teeth.
1. Crowns can fix problems with your teeth. Dental crowns can support a structurally unsound tooth, protect a tooth that has become worn, restore a tooth after a root canal, repair a cracked or broken tooth, or anchor a dental bridge.
2. Porcelain crowns look natural and can improve your smile. Porcelain crowns create the look and feel of your real teeth. They can be color matched to your own tooth shade and are customized in shape and texture to give you a flawless look.
3. Crowns are durable and long-lasting. Dental crowns are incredibly strong and can last up to 15 years. A crown can make the difference between losing a tooth and extending its life rather than replacing the tooth with a bridge or implant.
4. Crowns are easy to care for. Crowns require no special care or to keep them healthy and looking like new. Regular brushing and flossing habits are all you need to keep your dental crown in good condition.
5. Crowns are stain-resistant. Porcelain and other crown materials are resistant to stains, so you can enjoy your favorite foods and drinks. Even the usual culprits such as red wine, coffee, tea or cigarette smoke will not stain them.
6. Crowns are safe. The risk of complications from getting a crown is minimal and a wide range of materials are available. You may have some tooth discomfort or sensitivity immediately after getting your crown, but it should fade quickly.
7. Crowns are comfortable and functional. Because crowns can be molded to fit any size or shape mouth, you probably won’t even feel them. They look, feel and function exactly like the rest of your teeth.
8. They are affordable. While getting a crown may seem costly, it is far less expensive than getting a bridge or a dental implant to replace a missing or broken tooth, which could be the result if you don’t protect the one you already have.
If you are considering a dental crown or would like to have a second opinion, contact us here to discuss your options with you.