If you’re recovering from oral surgery or other dental procedures and need to eat soft foods, you definitely need to try this delicious soup recipe.
Want to give your teeth a break while you heal after oral surgery or just want to bring something warm and delicious to your next party? Try this Wisconsin cauliflower soup recipe from Chef in Training. It will take about an hour fully prepare this delicious soup. You will also need a large sauce pan, soup pan, and a blender.
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
- 5 lbs cauliflower
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- Sauté 1 medium chopped onion and 3 Tbsp. butter together for 10 minutes over a medium heat until the onion is golden.
- Add 1/4 cup flour to onions and stir on a medium heat for 3 minutes
- Slowly add 1 cup of half and half and 1 cup of milk to onion and flour mixture while you continue to stir.
- Add your 2.5 lbs. of chopped cauliflower and heat until boiling.
- Reduce heat, add a cover, and simmer for 15 min. until cauliflower is tender.
- Pour soup mixture into a blender and blend until smooth. Be careful of a buildup of steam and heat inside the blender whenever you blend hot liquids.
- Pour blender contents into soup pan and heat over a medium heat until it’s hot enough to melt cheese.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water and 1 (14.5 oz) can of chicken broth and remember to keep stirring!
- Add the 1 1/2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup of pepper jack cheese, and 1 tsp. of Dijon mustard into the soup until the cheese melts. Then serve with a garnish of shredded cheese on top of the soup and enjoy!