New Year’s Resolutions for Better Dental Health2014-12-29
Recipe for Dental Recovery: Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Bites2015-01-27
If you’re recovering from oral surgery or other dental procedures and need to eat soft foods, you definitely need to try this delicious soup recipe.
Want to give your teeth a break while you heal after oral surgery or just want to bring something warm and delicious to your next party? Try this Wisconsin cauliflower soup recipe from chef-in-training.com. It will take about an hour fully prepare this delicious soup. You will also need a large sauce pan, soup pan, and a blender.
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
- 5 lbs cauliflower
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- Sauté 1 medium chopped onion and 3 Tbsp. butter together for 10 minutes over a medium heat until the onion is golden.
- Add 1/4 cup flour to onions and stir on a medium heat for 3 minutes
- Slowly add 1 cup of half and half and 1 cup of milk to onion and flour mixture while you continue to stir.
- Add your 2.5 lbs. of chopped cauliflower and heat until boiling.
- Reduce heat, add a cover, and simmer for 15 min. until cauliflower is tender.
- Pour soup mixture into a blender and blend until smooth. Be careful of a buildup of steam and heat inside the blender whenever you blend hot liquids.
- Pour blender contents into soup pan and heat over a medium heat until it’s hot enough to melt cheese.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water and 1 (14.5 oz) can of chicken broth and remember to keep stirring!
- Add the 1 1/2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup of pepper jack cheese, and 1 tsp. of Dijon mustard into the soup until the cheese melts. Then serve with a garnish of shredded cheese on top of the soup and enjoy!