Halloween Dental Care Tips2014-10-27
You have a dental procedure coming up and you’re going over the anesthetic options. Local anesthetics hurt when they’re applied, but being completely put under might put you on edge. Thankfully, we’re fully trained and equipped to provide sedation dentistry right here in Greensboro, NC. You might want to choose sedation dentistry when you’re going to need a lot of anesthetic for a certain procedure. Sedation is also a great way to help conquer dental anxiety and get your teeth healthy and strong if they have been neglected. The major advantage of sedation dentistry is it’s easy to administer, you don’t feel any pain in your entire body, and you remain lucid for the procedure so you can respond to questions or requests.
Is sedation a good way to cope with dental anxiety? You bet!
So, what can you expect from sedation dentistry?
- Before your appointment: You’ll take a pill before your appointment to help you through the process.
- Begin! You’ll be hooked up to a machine where we can monitor your blood pressure, pulse, and oxygen levels during the procedure. This information will help if we need to administer more anesthesia.
- Feelings: You will start to feel the effects come on slowly. You will feel a bit light headed and very relaxed. One common description is all of your limbs feel like they’re made of lead. You will also be numb to any pain.
- Triazolam: This is the name of the drug we use for sedation. It slows down brain activity. It’s a derivative of Valium and has been use safely for years. It has been used to treat insomnia for decades.
- After your procedure, the Triazolam in your system will wear off pretty quickly, but you will need someone to drive you home afterwards.