Getting a Tooth Crown: What’s it Like?2015-07-22
What Chewing Tobacco Does to Your Teeth2015-08-05
You may be looking in the mirror and wishing you had straight teeth. You miss the smile you used to have.
The good news is there are options out there for you, but which is really the best?
What’s Different About Invisalign Braces?
Invisalign braces were founded in 1997 and have many benefits to them.
They are braces that are molded to your teeth and are specifically designed to help you reach a better alignment. X-rays are taken of your mouth and jaw in order to help come up with a plan to straighten your teeth out. Once the x-rays are taken then the aligners are created.
These clear aligners stay on your teeth all the time, but can be removed to eat, which is a huge advantage from traditional braces. Invisalign aligners get changed out periodically (about every 2 weeks) in order to bring you closer to the smile you’re looking for. The process for most cases will take a little over a year.
Why Choose Invisalign?
- Traditional braces include chunks of metal and wires that can poke you in the mouth. Not only is that inconvenient, but it can also be fairly painful. With Invisalign braces, you can remove the mold temporarily if they are bothering you, and they don’t stick out and poke you.
- This also means that you can eat any foods you want as you wear Invisalign. You don’t have to worry about biting into an apple or enjoying some delicious caramel from time to time.
- Invisalign is simple to clean, since food won’t be getting caught in them. You can take them out while you brush your teeth; no more pipe cleaner brushes to clean behind wires!
- You won’t even notice you’re wearing Invisalign. If you were worried about your appearance while you are working on your smile, then Invisalign would be a good choice for you. Since they are clear, they will barely be noticed.
- You still have the availability to go to the dentist as often as you like. With traditional braces there are concerns of strange patterns on your teeth from staining, but with Invisalign you can remove the mold and continue with your visit as usual!
- Your cheeks and gums will not be irritated with Invisalign braces. The smooth plastic is a more comfortable alternative compared to those wires poking away at your teeth.
- Invisalign braces are a lot easier on everyone’s schedule. Invisalign only requires visits every four to six weeks, whereas traditional braces require you to go in more frequently in order to tighten or possibly cut wires.
- At Friendly Dentistry, there are payment plans that can be put into place if you’re concerned about the cost. This allows you to get back to the smile you want and deserve without stressing about the costs.
If you’re looking to improve your smile, then contact Friendly Dentistry today and we can get started on an alignment plan especially for you!