It’s Like Pulling Teeth!2014-12-03
Holiday Treats vs. Your Teeth2014-12-17
A soft food recipe series for our patients recovering from surgeries and procedures
If you’re going through oral surgery recovery that keeps you from eating hard foods, try out this quick recipe for hot crash potatoes that taste great!
Hot crash potatoes are a great recipe to try out if you’re worried about hard food hurting or damaging your teeth and/or gums after surgery.
You will need:
- 12 small red potatoes
- Olive oil, enough to cover the bottom of a baking pan and then some
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 hour
- Preheat your oven to 425 Degrees
- First, start boiling a pot of water. Wash your potatoes and put them whole into your boiling water for 20 minutes until they are soft and are easily pierced with a fork.
- Generously coat the bottom of your baking pan with olive oil.
- Evenly place each whole boiled potato on the baking sheet and mash them in one swift hit. You should end up with a few lines of crushed potatoes on your pan. Just one hit should do it.
- Brush some olive oil, salt, pepper, and any other spices on the top of the potatoes and bake them in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or whenever they start to look golden brown.
- Take out, cool off, and enjoy!
For a fun experiment, try using different seasonings on the potatoes. Cumin or parsley gives them an earthy flavor while chili powder gives them a nice spicy kick!