Get the Dental Care You Need Without the Fear
At Friendly Dentistry in Greensboro, NC, we understand that some people are afraid of going to the dentist – so much so they may avoid seeking necessary dental care.
Whether you suffer from mild dental anxiety or severe dental phobia, it’s crucial for you to receive dental treatment still. This is because minor tooth problems can be detected before they get a chance to develop into a severe dental issue. And you may not know about a potential problem if you don’t see your dentist.
Friendly Dentistry offers its customers the best anesthesia and sedation dentist services in the Triad Greensboro,NC area. Our goal is to help our patients feel more comfortable. With anesthesia and sedation dentistry, you can lie back, relax and let us craft you the perfect smile.
Anesthesia & Sedation Dentistry Process
There’s no need to be afraid of being sedated or anesthesia. Anesthesia and sedation dentistry will not cause you to fall asleep, even though sometimes you may feel like you woke up from a four-hour nap. Instead, dental anesthesia will allow you to feel relaxed, peaceful and comfortable during the dental procedure.
In fact, many patients at Friendly Dentistry say they don’t even notice time passing and feel completely at ease during their dental cleaning. Since many medications used in sedation dentistry have an amnesiac effect, you may even have little or no memory that the dental appointment happened at all. Don’t be alarmed. This is completely normal.
The sedation process is simple. Here’s what it looks like.
- Before your appointment, your dentist will give you one pill to take orally. The sedation medication we use is Triazolam, a derivative of Valium. We have used Triazolam for years because it is safe, painless and effective.
- Before your procedure begins, we will connect you to a medical monitor, which will allow us to track your blood pressure, pulse and blood oxygen levels during sedation dental care.
- If you are not comfortable enough, we can easily administer more medicine, as needed, so you feel like you can relax.
- You will need a driver to take you to and from the appointment.
Anesthesia & Sedation Dentistry FAQ
If you’re feeling apprehensive about going to the dental or using dental sedation or dental anesthesia, here are some questions you can ask to help you feel more at ease.
Local anesthesia is most commonly used for dental work. During treatment, it helps prevent pain in a specific area of your mouth. By blocking the nerves that sense or transfer pain, the dental anesthetic helps numb your mouth’s tissues. Sometimes topical anesthetics are used to calm painful mouth sores. Injectable anesthetics are helpful for procedures like filling cavities, treating gum disease or preparing teeth for crowns.
There are also various types of dental sedation. These include:
- General anesthesia. General anesthesia is the most common, comfortable solution for our patients. Our dentists have performed thousands of dental sedation and general anesthetics over the years.
- Oral sedation. As we mentioned above, there are several oral sedation techniques we can use to make our patients as relaxed as possible. Our dentists administer Triazolam prior to treatment. It is safe and effective.
- Nitrous Oxide. Nitrous Oxide is a sedating gas, also known as laughing gas. Nitrous Oxide provides patients who have had a dramatic dental experience in the past, a more comforting and tranquil setting.
If you experience or have experienced one or more of the following, you might have dental anxiety. That’s why an experienced anesthesia and sedation dentist like us can help.
- Lack of numbness/resistance to Novocaine during common dental procedures
- A traumatic dental experience in the past
- Fear of ridicule due to significant dental damage
- A sensitive gag reflex, sensitive gums or sensitive teeth
Anesthesia and sedation dentistry is also an option for individuals who require several procedures in one treatment, or those who require a significantly long treatment. If you live near Triad Greensboro, NC area and you’re interested in getting general anesthesia or being sedated for your next dentist appointment, contact our Greensboro dentist office today!
Find a Local Anesthesia & Sedation Dentist Near You
If dental anesthesia or sedation sounds like the right choice for you, you have plenty of safe options available at Friendly Dentistry. Our Greensboro dentists have helped hundreds of people achieve a healthy and beautiful smile, while also guiding them through a calm and comfortable sedation process.
Don’t let your fear of the dentist hold you back any longer! We’re one phone call away. If you’re still not sure about getting anesthesia or sedation at your next dental visit, you can also chat with us on the phone or drop by our office anytime. We’ll do your best to answer your questions and ease your fears.