We Provide Crowns that Look Completely Natural
Our Greensboro dentists use top-grade porcelain to ensure crowns and veneers are accurately sculpted to match the characteristics of your natural teeth. The porcelain is very strong and durable, and will protect your worn or broken teeth, while also having the translucence of natural teeth.
In the past, dentists would use low-grade porcelain that was difficult to shape and made dental crowns looked bulky, pasty and left them more rounded at the center and edges than natural teeth. Today, crowns and veneers from our Greensboro dentists use top-quality porcelain which can be blended to match any tooth, regardless of the color, shape, translucence, or age of your natural teeth. Let Friendly Dentistry near Greensboro, High-Point, and Winston-Salem help make your smile beautiful with high-quality porcelain tooth crown and veneers – You will love the results!
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown, often referred to as a “cap,” protects and restores a tooth that is worn down, chipped, or broken. It covers and protects the entire tooth—from the gumline to the biting surface. Friendly Dentisty provides custom crowns for your teeth that ensure it will be beautifully restored to match the color, characteristics, and gloss of your natural teeth – The results will amaze you.
Common Uses for Crowns
- Dental bridge – A dental bridge is used to replace a missing tooth. A dental crown is placed over the empty space, but it is supported by the adjacent teeth, and those teeth must be also crowned.
- Excessive wear – Worn teeth need to be protected to prevent them from fractures or breaks. Crowns provide the needed protection.
- Tooth discoloration – Some types of discoloration cannot be removed with teeth bleaching. Crowns provide a beautiful, but more affordable option than porcelain veneers.
- Broken or badly decayed teeth – If a tooth is badly broken, it doesn’t necessarily have to be replaced. It is possible to restore it. After treatment, a tooth that was badly decayed or that needed a root canal treatment is further protected with a crown.
What are the Advantages of Porcelain Crown Restorations?
- Light easily passes through the porcelain, so the color and translucence can be tailored to match your natural teeth.
- They are durable and strong, and will provide maximum protection for worn or broken teeth.
- All-porcelain crowns and veneers do not contain metal. Unlike porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns, over time, a dark line will not appear at your gumline.
- You won’t experience sensitivity to heat and cold, because the crowns don’t contain metal.
Affordable High-Quality Crowns from a Family Greensboro Dentist
Our Greensboro dentists have advanced training in dental aesthetics. They participate in ongoing training classes in cosmetic dentistry to provide you with the most natural-looking crowns and restorative dentistry results. When you come in for crown repair or receive a new dental crown from Friendly Dentistry, our commitment is to provide you with a beautiful, complementary match to your natural teeth.
The porcelain will be expertly matched for color and translucence to give you the perfect tooth restoration. People won’t be able to distinguish the crown from your natural teeth. Natural-looking results are especially important for front teeth, which are the focus of your smile.
Crown Consultation & Careful Assessment
If you have a tooth that is badly broken, a dental bridge that needs to be replaced, or just an interest in enhancing your smile with dental crowns, we can help. Contact us to request a crown consultation and to spend a few minutes with one of our Greensboro dentists and discuss your options.
When you schedule a crown appointment with one of our Greensboro dentists, he or she will listen to your goals for your smile and examine your teeth. We will determine if a permanent or temporary crown or even teeth veneers are the best tooth restoration option for your smile goals and for the condition of your teeth. It may be obvious that a crown is the best solution, but if it isn’t, we’ll make recommendations and let you know your treatment options.
We will ensure you understand the results you can expect with this restoration compared to other options. We want you to make a fully informed decision.
Accurate Placement for a Perfect Fit
Since the purpose of a crown is to restore a natural tooth, if it doesn’t fit well, it won’t function well. Incorrectly placed crowns can interfere with your bite, cause pain, and even further damage the natural tooth that it’s supposed to protect.Our Greensboro dentists take the time to ensure your crown fits perfectly by cleaning and preparing your natural tooth to accommodate the crown. Impressions of the tooth and precise measurements help us create the ideal shape of your natural tooth to ensure the crown isn’t seated too low or too high over it. Ready to enhance your smile with dental crowns? Schedule an appointment at our Greensboro dentist office near High-Point and Winston-Salem to get started now!