I Need an Emergency Dentist, Now What?
Accidents happen. And while every tooth-related accident does not require emergency dental services, others indeed demand the immediate attention of a dentist. When serious accidents happen to your teeth, it pays to have an emergency dentist you know and trust just a phone call away. If you need an emergency dentist in Greensboro, NC because you are experiencing extreme pain, discomfort, or any number of other symptoms, the dental team here at Friendly Dentistry is here to help. Our emergency dental team is trained to provide patients with efficient, effective emergency dental treatment that’s fast, safe, and, of course, friendly!
Why You Might Need an Emergency Dentist
While an emergency dentist practices the same general dentistry one would find in any dental clinic or dental office around the country, what sets the emergency dentist apart is his dedication to fixing major dental issues when they happen, as quickly as possible.
Whether a new patient or a regular, when scheduling an emergency dental appointment with Friendly Dentistry, you can be confident that for our emergency dental team, the speed with which we address your dental emergency is every bit as important as the quality work we do. To us, your dental health is never more important than when it’s been put in jeopardy by damage. That’s why we do everything in our power to get you back on track quickly.
We find that a lot of patients tend to need an emergency dentist when the damage sustained to their teeth, mouth, or gums is so severe that waiting days or weeks to see a traditional dentist could leave them with a permanent dental problem. Many patients also prefer an emergency dentist when tooth pain or other pain associated with the mouth is incredibly severe– even if the cause may be from something that seems relatively minor, like a toothache. The dental services an emergency dentist can provide can considerably ease the pain of even the worst injuries.
My teeth were making me look really old. So, I decided that if I could get them fixed up, maybe it would help. And it did, a lot! I’m much more comfortable giving a big grin… It was painless, it was easy and it was so worth anything to go through this. I love my teeth!.
Reasons to Visit an Emergency Dentist in Greensboro, NC
Dental emergencies are never fun– and it’s important to get them rectified as quickly as possible. Fortunately, an emergency dentist can help. With proper, timely emergency treatment, the worst of the effects from even the most severe of emergency dental cases can often be avoided.
There are a number of instances in which you should seek emergency dental service from a licensed emergency dentist in Greensboro, NC. Some of those instances include:
- Knocked-out tooth
- Loose tooth
- Misaligned tooth
- Dislodged tooth
- Chipped, fractured, or cracked tooth
- Broken teeth
- Facial swelling
- Tissue injury causing facial pain
- An object stuck between teeth.
If you are experiencing any of these problems, contact an emergency dentist to make an appointment as soon as possible. Our team here at Friendly Dentistry specializes in providing relief for a wide range of emergency dental problems, and our primary goal is always to handle dental emergencies as quickly as is safely possible.
What To Do Before Your Emergency Dental Care Appointment
Before visiting an emergency dentist to have any sort of dental work performed, there are a number of precautionary measures you can take to both ease any discomfort you may experiencing and minimize any further damage to your teeth, gums, or mouth.
- Remain Calm: Anxiety only exacerbates a dental emergency. Take deep, calming breaths to remain as at-ease as possible.
- Warm Water Rinse: An injury, dental or otherwise, can result in infection. To prevent this from occurring, rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Apply Pressure: If an area of your mouth is bleeding, use a clean rag or piece of gauze to apply pressure to the area to increase clotting. Pressure should be light and not cause additional pain.
- Retain Tooth Moisture: Once a tooth has fallen out, it has two hours to be replaced in the mouth before it is no longer viable. Keep a tooth that has fallen out wet by storing in a container of milk before seeing your emergency dentist.
- Relieve Pain with Cold Compress: A bag of ice or frozen vegetables used as a cold compress reduces dental pain and swelling.
- Ask Someone to Drive: Do not drive yourself to your emergency dental care appointment. The pain could distract you from driving correctly and may cause a road accident. Also, the dentist may administer pain relief medications that make driving even more dangerous. Avoid further complications by asking a family member or friend to drive you to and from your appointment.
The Best Emergency Dentistry in Greensboro, NC
When you need emergency care from a certified emergency dentist in Greensboro, NC, Friendly Dentistry is your best option. Our team of highly qualified dentists and dental hygienists strive to exceed each patient’s expectations, even when the situation seems dire or hopeless. Don’t let a dental emergency ruin your smile. Contact Friendly Dentistry if you are experiencing a dental emergency.