Smokeless Tobacco: The Facts & The Effects on Your Teeth and Gums2018-07-12
Receding Gums and Bleeding Gums2018-09-19
I Need an Emergency Dentist, Now What?
Accidents happen. While some do not require emergency dental services, others demand the immediate attention of a dentist. If you need an emergency dentist in Greensboro, NC because you are experiencing extreme pain, discomfort, and a number of other symptoms, learn how to address the problem with these easy steps.
Reasons to Visit an Emergency Dentist in Greensboro, NC
There are a number of instances in which you should visit an emergency dentist in Greensboro, NC, including:
- Knocked-out tooth
- Loose tooth
- Misaligned tooth
- Chipped, cracked, or fractured tooth
- Tissue injury causing facial pain
- An object stuck between teeth.
If you are experiencing any of these problems, contact an emergency dentist near me to make an appointment as soon as possible.
What To Do Before Your Emergency Dental Care Appointment
Before visiting the emergency dentist, there are precautionary measures you can take to ease the discomfort you are experiencing as well as minimizing any further damage to your teeth, gums, or mouth.
- Remain Calm: Anxiety only exacerbates a dental emergency. Take deep, calming breaths to remain as at-ease as possible.
- Warm Water Rinse: An injury, dental or otherwise, can result in infection. To avoid this from occurring, rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Apply Pressure: If an area of your mouth is bleed, use a clean rag or piece of gauze to apply pressure to the area to increase clotting. Pressure should be light and not cause additional pain.
- Retain Tooth Moisture: Once a tooth has fallen out, it has two hours to be replaced in the mouth before it is no longer viable. Keep a tooth that has fallen out wet by storing in a container of milk before seeing the dentist.
- Relieve Pain with Cold Compress: A bag of ice or frozen vegetables used as a cold compress reduces dental pain and swelling.
- Ask Someone to Drive: Do not drive yourself to your emergency dental care appointment. The pain could distract you from driving correctly and may cause a road accident. Also, the dentist may administer pain relief medications that make driving even more dangerous. Avoid further complications by asking a family member or friend to drive you to and from your appointment.
The Best Emergency Dental Care in Greensboro, NC
When you need an emergency dentist in Greensboro, NC, Friendly Dentistry is your best option. Our team of highly qualified dentists and dental hygienists strive to exceed each patient’s expectations, even when the situation seems dire or hopeless. Don’t let a dental emergency ruin your smile. Contact Friendly Dentistry if you are experiencing a dental emergency.